New Board member orientation and regular training retreats are part of good governance and support Board recruitment and retention. I deliver Board Training workshops of 2-6 hours tailored to your needs from the following topics:
- introduction to your responsibilities, fiduciary responsibilities and due diligence with reference to the Guide to the Not-for-Profit Corporation Act, 2010, Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services and other sources
- review of common Board policies and their relationship to articles and by-laws
- decision-making processes
- mission statement templates
- Role Clarification Exercise
- Conflict Style Inventory
- Communication tools
I can help you develop your Board Orientation Manual.
Collectives – please take note that I am interested in working with you also to develop your processes and procedures. While you are relieved of the obligations of the Ontario Corporations Act, your understanding of roles, responsibilities and group process are as pivotal to your success as they are for more formal organizations.